Warrick County Recorder
My staff and I take great pride in providing outstanding customer service. We strive to make your visit to our office a pleasant one.
We are here to help.
Pat A. Brooks
County Recorder's Office
- Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Real Estate Contracts, Power of Attorneys, Planned Developments, Plats, Surveys, Affidavits, Articles of Incorporation, Bonds, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanic Liens, Sewer Liens, Assumed Business Names, and Other Miscellaneous documents submitted for recording, providing it meets essential requirements (*see below, click on Recorder’s Fees)
- File Uniform Commercial Code instruments
- Provide copies and certified copies of documents upon request (Fee charged)
- Military Discharges (NO CHARGE)
All recorded documents are public record and copies are available at our office or online. There is a nominal fee of $1.00 per page for copies. We accept cash, check or credit card for payments of copies and recording documents. You may also contact our office, pay for the copy online using a credit or debit card and we will gladly fax or e-mail the copy to you. Please visit our Quick Links below to learn more about the additional cost involved using a credit card.
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
“Same Day Recording” cutoff time is 2:30 p.m.
After 2:30 p.m. the Recorded Date will be the following day.
The Judicial Center is closed holidays and weekends.
Before recording deeds, contract purchases, easements or plats, the documents first must be approved and stamped by both the Assessor and Auditor.
Legally we cannot:
- Answer any legal questions, such as “how do I complete” any document – you will need to contact an attorney to assist you further.
- Notarize any forms.
- We do not provide or have blank legal documents or forms with the exception of the “Assumed Business Name” certificate. For more information about said certificate, please visit the Secretary of State by following this link Secretary of State, Business Division.
- We cannot prepare, draft, or complete legal documents.
Recorder's Office Links
Recorder’s Office Fees and RECORDING REQUIREMENTS – Fees Listed Effective July 1, 2017. (Please call or Email the Office for Fees Prior to July 1, 2017).
Honor Rewards – FREE service to our Veterans – SIGN UP HERE VETERANS.
Business Sign-Up – Click here to sign up your business for Honor Rewards.
E-Recording Info Video
Tapestry – Property Land Records Lookup.
LAREDO – For the avid Online User – Call to set up an account.
Assumed Business Name – Click here for Secretary of State Business Forms and Information.
Property Fraud Alert – FREE Property Activity Notification Service provided by Warrick County Recorder.
PAYGOV – Pay By Credit Card/Debit Card for copies of recorded documents, invoices or recordings. (PayGov charges a service fee of $2.50 for transactions up to $100.00, and 3% thereafter. To learn more about the service fee and how it it is collected and payable to PayGov and not the Warrick County Recorder’s office, please follow the link).
WE CANNOT PROCESS PAYMENTS FOR REAL ESTATE TAXES. Please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 897-6212 or 897-6166 for information on how to pay your Real Estate Taxes via credit card. Any tax payments made here cannot be accepted or processed.