Warrick County Highway Engineering
The County Engineering Department is responsible for many duties in Warrick County. The Engineer’s Department works directly under the control of the Board of Commissioners. Some of the duties involved are described, but not limited to the items below:
- Design and Repair of Local Roads, Bridges and Drainage Structures within County Road Right of Way, as directed by the Board of Commissioners. This includes writing of Specifications, Designing of Plans and Construction Engineering for “in house” County Projects, as well as projects that are bid out for local construction.
- Maintain County Records on State Certified Road Mileage. This includes annual updates to the mileage records.
- Assist the County Highway Department in daily construction, repair and maintenance of public infrastructure as required.
- Address situations of public safety concerning County roads and bridges and make recommendations for corrections to the Board of Commissioners.
- Review of Street Construction Plans and Improvement Costs for the Area Plan Commission and insure that improvements are built according to the plans approved.
- Review of Subdivision Plats for the Area Plan Commission.
- Review of Residential and Commercial Driveway Permits.
- Maintain and update our current local road inventory for our Pavement Management System, which will be required by the Federal Government to insure continuation of Federal Funds for County Road Improvement projects.
- To develop and maintain an inventory for Bridge Management System and Safety Management System which will be required by the Federal Government.
- Maintaining a County Geographical Information System (G.I.S.) to track all data and information for the County Highway Department. This consists of a County Data Base and computer aided drawings/maps
- Illustrating information concerning various County Infrastructure. This information must be continuously maintained to provide current and accurate information of all County Infrastructure.
- Construction Inspection and evaluation of local county projects. This includes investigation and mediation of occurring problems within County Infrastructure and road right of way.
- Watershed analysis and structure sizing for all county bridge and road projects.
- With the continued development of the Engineering Department, we are able to do more projects “in house” and limit the amount of contractual engineering services required by the County.
The Engineering Department does many other tasks as directed by the Board of Commissioners. The items listed above address the main priorities of our office. If you would have any questions concerning any of these issued, please feel free to contact us.