Marriage License Requirements
In order to receive a marriage license in Warrick County:
- Both parties must be 18 years of age (or have consent) – a Driver’s License or Birth Certificate will be required to confirm age.
- At least one party must be a resident of Warrick County.
- A fee of $18 must be paid by cash, card or money order (no personal checks). To receive a copy of the license after marriage, an additional fee of $2 will be required. If you live out-of-state and are getting married in Warrick County, the fee is $60.
We ask that you enter your personal information prior to coming in to expedite the application process – Click here to enter your personal information for your marriage license prior to coming in. We ask that you arrive no later than 3:15 p.m. (our office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.), as this will allow our office ample time to complete the process. We prefer that an appointment be made with our office if you are wanting us to perform the ceremony.
Some examples of the questions asked and information required will be:
- Where were your parents born?
- What are your parents’ names (including middle names and mother’s maiden name)?
- If either of you have been married before we need to know the date the last marriage was final.
The license is good for sixty (60) days and is valid anywhere in the state of Indiana.