Office of the Clerk of the Warrick County Circuit and Superior Courts


Warrick County Judicial Center
One County Square, Suite 200
Boonville, IN 47601

(Directions and Parking below)

Phone: 812-897-6160
Fax: 812-897-6400
[email protected]

Office Hours: Monday – Friday

8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Temporary Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 

                                 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.


Night Court: Court typically begins hearing Misdemeanor cases at 3:30 p.m. and Infractions/Tickets at 4:00 p.m. Check your Summons for your assigned Court date and hearing time, or call our office to confirm. 

  • Upcoming Night Court Dates for 2021:
    • July 12, 2021
    • August 9, 2021
    • September 20, 2021
    • October 18, 2021
    • November 18, 2021
    • December 13, 2021

Directions: The Warrick County Clerk’s Office is housed inside the Judicial Center, in Suite 200. The Judicial Center is located on the north side of the historic Courthouse, on the northwest corner of 3rd and Main Streets. The entrance is located on the east side of the building (3rd Street). 

Parking: The parking lot for the Judicial Center is off of 2nd Street, just north of Main Street, which is immediately west of the Judicial Center. There are no public access doors on the west side of the Judicial Center.

Notices & Common Questions

Filing a Case without an Attorney: If you are wishing to file a case without an attorney (such as a Domestic Relations/Divorce, Protection Order, Guardianship, Name Change, or other cases), you can go to the following website to obtain the necessary paperwork and instructions: You can click on the “Self-Help Forms and Resources” icon at the top of the page to access the forms. For some cases, like Domestic Relations/Divorce, we will need one (1) original and two (2) copies of the documents. If you would like the other party served by Sheriff, we will need one (1) original and three (3) copies. You can call the Clerk’s Office if you have questions. See below for the cost to file your case under “Filing Fees.”

Protection Orders: If you would like to file for a Protection Order against someone, we have the paperwork at the Clerk’s Office for you to complete, but you can also complete them online without having to come to our office. The instructions to E-file a Protection Order case can be found here. If you are the victim of Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault, you can contact the Albion Fellows Bacon Center for assistance with completing the Protection Order paperwork or the Warrick County Prosecutor’s Victim Assistance Department for additional support or to press charges.

Lost Vehicle Title: If you would like to obtain a Court Order for the Indiana BMV to issue a vehicle title, here are the instructions and the forms; fill those out and file them at the Clerk’s Office. The filing fee for these cases is $157.

Evictions: As of January 1, 2021, per Indiana Supreme Court Order 20S-MS-1, Eviction cases are now filed as case type “EV” instead of “SC.” Additionally, Evictions must be filed personally at the Warrick County Clerk’s Office; they may not be E-filed.

Electronic Filing (E-Filing): E-Filing is mandatory for attorneys filing in Warrick County. Should you have any questions, contact the Warrick County Clerk’s Office by phone or by email listed above.

Filing Fees

$157 for all Civil Court Cases, such as: Domestic Relations (Divorce), Standard Civil Cases, Adoptions, Civil Plenary, Mortgage Foreclosure and Miscellaneous Cases (Name Change and Title)

  • $20 fee for Medical History, $10 fee for Record of Birth, and $50 for Putative Father for Adoption cases

$177 – Probate Court Cases: Estate, Guardianship and Trust Cases

$97 – Small Claims Cases (suits of up to $8,000 pro se; up to $1,500 for corporations or with an attorney)

$50 – Putative Father

Note: If you wish for the other party to be served by Sheriff, an additional fee of $28 will be applied per case.

All filing fees include one (1) defendant. For each additional defendant, there will be an additional $10 charged.

Paying Tickets & Deferral Program

If you are paying a fine for a ticket you received in Warrick County, you can pay by the following methods:

  1. In person at the Clerk’s Office (we take cash, card or money order – no personal checks),
  2. By phone at the following number: 1 (866) 480-8552, or
  3. Online at the following website:

Note: If you are paying by methods (2) or (3), you will need to know your Case Number and exact payment amount. If you do not know these, you can contact the Clerk’s Office and we can provide that information to you.

If you wish to enter the Prosecutor’s Infraction Deferral Program, click here.

The Infraction Deferral Program is an alternative to the normal process of court trial for an infraction such as speeding. It provides an opportunity to have an infraction charge dismissed if you keep a clean record for 6 months, thus avoiding possible consequences of a conviction including a conviction on your driving record, points on your license, increased insurance premiums, etc. This program is voluntary and implemented at the discretion of the Prosecutor’s Office.

Legal Assistance & Helpful Links

The Indiana Court system established the Self-Service Legal Center to provide Hoosiers with information and resources for going to Court without an attorney. It should be noted that self-representation in a court of law should not be taken lightly, and there are many instances in which hiring an attorney is a good idea.

Indiana Legal Services, Inc. is a not-for-profit law firm and the largest provider of free civil legal assistance to eligible low-income Hoosiers. They can provide specialized legal services to members of client communities, such as: seniors, the homeless, immigrants, low-income taxpayers, veterans, victimized adults, the LGBT community, and others.

Indiana Legal Help is a project of the Coalition for Court Access, a coalition established by the Indiana Supreme Court in 2016 to provide organization for Indiana’s civil legal aid programs. Their website has free self-help forms and resources for Hoosiers wishing to file many different cases and has information about hiring attorneys. 

Evansville Bar Association (Talk to a Lawyer Hotline) is a free legal advice program staffed by volunteer attorneys and paralegals who will answer questions regarding any area of Indiana law or a legal problem. This program is presented on the first Thursday of every month between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., and on the third Tuesday of every month between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. You may call (812) 618-4845 or 1 (888) 594-3449.

Albion Fellows Bacon Center is the designated Victim Advocate for Warrick County. If you are the victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking and wish to file for a Protection Order, Albion Fellows Bacon Center can assist with the completion of the necessary paperwork, explain the process, and attend Court hearings.

Comments are closed.