POSITION: ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
WORK SCHEDULE: 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P. M., MONDAY – FRIDAY. 16-20 hrs./week
JOB CATEGORY: PART TIME
DATE WRITTEN: MAY 2008 STATUS: PART-TIME
DATE REVISED: JAN 2020 FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and maintain the ethics of this office. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Warrick County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The following duties and responsibilities are only a portion of expected performance and subject to change as necessitated by the director.
This part-time job is paid hourly, generally over twenty-six (26) pay periods annually. All employees are employed on a probationary status until they have completed their first ninety (90) days of employment.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DIFFICULTY OF WORK:
- High School Diploma or GED a minimum requirement. Prior office/admin experience and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Gmail and use of the Internet and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of tasks and projects.
- Demonstrates dependability and responsibility through good attendance records
- Exhibits good relationships with fellow employees, clients and general public
- Must be extremely organized, able to multi-task, and be detail oriented
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Professional conduct and dress
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, other County departments, and the public. Ability to serve the public with diplomacy and respect.
- Ability to understand, memorize, retain, and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision and with others in a team environment, often amidst frequent distractions and interruptions, and under pressure from formal schedules and deadlines.
- AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Screens calls, processes mail, schedules appointments, and greets office visitors
- Drafts and completes memorandums and letters
- Maintains and prepares files, reports, and records for the Economic Dev. Department
- Prepares and reviews materials for reports, meeting, or presentations, ensuring accuracy
- Assist economic development analyst in administration of department grants
- Copying and distributing documents and forms as assigned
- Collects and compiles information as assigned by director
- Conducts department research
- Responds to public inquiries
Accounting / Financial:
- Prepare, process, and backup all claims/vouchers for the department
- Track budgets and balances of various department line items and projects.
- Manage assigned vendor accounts
- Maintain personnel files for department
- Establish accounting procedures and maintain proper accounting files
- Maintain current equipment maintenance contracts for the department
- Prepare and process claims/vouchers for the Friedman Park Event Center
- Assist in creating and development of marketing tools
- Maintain inventory of marketing tools and listings on Warrick County industrial sites, available buildings and land
- Assist in the social media marketing of the department, county, and Friedman Park
- Participates in department project meetings and maintains working knowledge of Economic Development projects, goals, and objectives.
- Works with the Friedman Park Event Center Director on projects and tasks as assigned
- Maintains office materials and equipment ordering as required.
- Deliver/retrieve items from the Auditor or Commissioners/Council in Boonville
- Assist on department projects as needed
- Coordinates special events as required
- Other duties as assigned
III. PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Incumbent performs duties in standard office environment, which may involve sitting for long periods, lifting, carrying objects weighing under 25 pounds, crouching, kneeling, bending, reaching, close vision and hearing communication. Incumbent occasionally works extended hours. Ability to work out of both the Economic Development office and the Friedman Park Event Center as needed.
Persons interested in applying should submit their resume as follows:
You must specify that you are applying for the Administrative Assistant Position
Newburgh, IN 47630